As the battle against COVID-19 continues, science continues to find and use new and more effective treatments against the virus.
If you are high-risk and meet certain criteria, Frontline ER has a treatment option for you. It’s called Monoclonal Antibody Treatment, mAb for short, and it’s available now.
“If you test positive for COVID-19 and meet certain criteria, you can be treated with mAb,” Dr. Neal Agarwal said. “It is the same treatment that was given to former President Trump when he was hospitalized for the disease.”
Dr. Agarwal is Medical Director for Frontline ER.
To be administered this treatment, you must meet the following criteria and be prepared to stay overnight for observation:
- A body mass index (BMI) greater than 35
- Suffer from chronic kidney disease, diabetes or an immunosuppressive disease
- Be receiving treatment for any of the above
- Are 65 or older
- Or are at least 55 and suffer from cardiovascular disease, hypertension or chronic pulmonary disease
- Are 12 to 17 with a BMI in the 85th percentile for their age and gender and suffer from a specific list of diseases, most prominently congenital heart disease or asthma.
- Not have received the COVID-19 vaccine within the past 90 days.
“There is mounting new promising data that this treatment will reduce the amount of hospitalizations needed from COVID-19,” Dr. Agarwal added.
For more information and to see if you qualify for this treatment, please give us a call or contact us through our website.
Frontline ER is an acute care emergency room providing healthcare services to the communities we live and work within. Give us a call or contact us through our website should you have more questions about our services.