Pesky Ringing in the Ears? 10 TipsPesky Ringing in the Ears? 10 Tips https://frontlineerrichmond.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/FRNTL-3-1024x684.jpg 1024 684 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/5f5eff5a796e0024ba283c5cd7d51d5b?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Pesky Ringing in the Ears? 10 Tips
Ringing in the ears, or tinnitus as it is also referred to, is something that we may have experienced at one time or the other; probably after a concert. However, contrary to popular belief, tinnitus doesn’t always sound like a ringing sensation in the ears as it can sometimes sound like roaring, buzzing, clicking and even hissing so it is important to be prepared. The ringing in your ears is not a medical condition or a disease, it is a symptom and a sign that something is wrong not only with your ear but the whole of your auditory system, which also includes the auditory nerve and the part of the brain that deals with the processing of sound. Tinnitus may be minor, with the sound being very soft, or it could be severe with the sound being very loud. It may cause you to have trouble hearing which may interfere with your work or even prevent you from sleeping. So how can you get rid of that pesky ringing in your ears? Well, this article will look to highlight 10 tips to help you with exactly that.
- Most of the time people develop a ringing in their ears as a symptom of hearing loss. If you lose earing, the way your brain perceives and processes hearing changes and this change is what may lead to tinnitus. In such a situation, one tip to deal with the ringing in your ears is to get yourself fitted with a hearing aid. This will help with your hearing loss and with this fixed, you will find that your notice your tinnitus less and less. Getting a hearing aid fitted has been known to be very effective in fixing ringing in the ears.
- There are modern customized sound machines which can be worn to help you deal with your ringing in the ears. These devices are medical-grade and as they are discussed in detail by the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com, the fact that they will be tailored and customized to your tinnitus makes them a great way to deal with the pesky ringing in your ears.
- If you can’t get your hands on the medical-grade sound machines discussed above, there are standard sound-masking devices you can use to get rid of that pesky ringing in your ears. These devices work by playing sounds such as white noise, pink noise, nature noises among others that can help mask the ringing in your ears. These devices have proved to be extremely effective and you can use them to deal with your tinnitus issue.
- Other than sound-masking devices, another way to deal with that pesky ringing in your ears is through cognitive behavioral therapy, CBT. This therapy, as covered in detail over at frontlineer.com, won’t mask or reduce the ringing, but will teach you to accept the ringing. Through CBT, you will work a therapist to help you improve your quality of life and has been known to help reduce the irritation and annoyance that usually comes with tinnitus.
- Yet another tip to help you deal with that pesky ringing in your ears is to try out progressive tinnitus management, PTM, a therapeutic treatment program that has been developed and is offered by the U.S department of Veterans Affairs, probably because tinnitus is the most common disabilities suffered by veterans. This is a great program if you are veteran of the armed services, to deal with tinnitus which may be as a result of the loud noises that come with the territory here both at war and in training.
- Ringing in the ears has been known to be made worse by stress and as such, another tip that will help you deal with that pesky ringing in your ears is stress management. Here, as per the gurus over at frontlineer.com, you should try out stress management practices like exercising regularly in particular and if you do so, you are likely to notice a massive improvement in the ringing in your ears.
- The ringing in your ears can also be as a result of excess earwax in your ears and earwax blockage and as such another tip that will help you deal with it is through clearing the wax. It should be noted here though that it is recommended that you go to your doctor’s to have your earwax cleared since if you try and use a cotton swab, you will only succeed in pushing the wax even further in the ear canal and just make things worse.
- Other than earwax blockage, tinnitus may also be due to certain dysfunctions such as issues with your temporomandibular joint, TMJ, in your jaw. In such situations, having this dysfunction treated is a sure way to fix the ringing. TMJ can be treated through dental procedures or realigning your bite as is covered in detail over at the excellent frontlineer.com.
- Another way to deal with that pesky ringing in your ears is through medication with your doctor recommending drugs that may help you deal with annoying symptoms of tinnitus, making the situation more bearable. Antianxiety drugs can also be an option to help with your insomnia due to the tinnitus.
- Sound therapy is yet another route available for those looking to deal with that pesky ringing in your ears. Through this, you can play natural soothing sounds that can help with your tinnitus and it is an effective technique and definitely one worth trying out.
The above are some of the tips that could be of great help when it comes to helping you with that pesky ringing in your ears, with there being more on this and other related topics to be found over at frontlineer.com
- Posted In: