Workplace Safety Recap: The 10 Most Common Workplace InjuriesWorkplace Safety Recap: The 10 Most Common Workplace Injuries https://frontlineerrichmond.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/workplace-safety-recap-the-10-most-common-workplace-injuries-1024x320.jpg 1024 320 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/5f5eff5a796e0024ba283c5cd7d51d5b?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Regardless of their place of employment, individuals all over the country are at risk of workplace injuries. The sad fact is that most workplace injuries are completely avoidable. It just takes preparation and being aware of the everyday dangers that might face you. Our team at the Frontline ER in Richmond, TX are eager to provide individuals with the facts to help them be better prepared and protected. Continue reading on to learn of the ten most common workplace injuries that occur.
- Overexertion Injuries. Overexertion injuries relate to anything involved with pushing, pulling, lifting, holding, carrying, and throwing objects. This is the number one cause of workplace injuries and is extremely preventable. Go over the practical steps on how to properly move objects in your workplace.
- Slipping/Tripping. This involves falling on wet floors or tripping over something on the floor. Each workplace should have a protocol set in place for carrying after spills or rain that is tracked in.
- Falling from Heights. This can occur from faulty equipment or falling from ladders or roofs. Personal protective gear is essential.
- Reaction Injuries. This is a more difficult situation to prevent. Being aware of your surroundings will help to avoid it.
- Falling Object Injuries. Head injuries can happen from falling objects from shelves or other high places. Use a hard hat when necessary.
- Walking Into Injuries. This class of workplace injury happens when an individual walk into walls, doors, chairs, and similar things.
- Vehicle Accidents. Auto accidents one of the most serious injuries and are often fatal.
- Machine Entanglement. Heavy machinery can be dangerous to loose clothing, fingers, and hair. Use your PPE when working by heavy equipment.
- Repetitive Motion Injuries. Strain from typing on the computer can have a lasting effect on vision, posture, and muscle strain.
- On the Job Violent Acts. Arguments at work can unfortunately become dangerous. Proper training and strict guidelines can help to prevent issues like these from occurring.
Our staff is focused on offering patients the best quality of care and taking the proper preventative measures.
- Posted In: