How to Spot a Heart AttackHow to Spot a Heart Attack https://frontlineerrichmond.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/achieving-better-health-1024x320.jpg 1024 320 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/5f5eff5a796e0024ba283c5cd7d51d5b?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
February is here once again and with it comes Valentine’s Day, hearts and of course, candy! But for a large number of people, February is also heart health month. They are on a mission to inform and educate people about the importance of heart health and how understanding your cardiovascular system could be the difference between life and death.
Did you know that heart attack symptoms can vary widely depending upon the person? In fact, recent research has shown that most women don’t experience chest pain; however, men do. That is why it is important to know the different symptoms of a heart attack so in the event it ever happens to a loved one you can be prepared.
Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Chest Discomfort – If someone is experiencing any kind of discomfort such as pressure, pain, a “squeezing” feeling or even fullness in the chest that may come or go or even be constant, it may be the sign of a heart attack.
- Other Discomfort – Certain patients experiencing a heart attack may experience pain or discomfort in the arms, shoulders, back, stomach, neck and even jaw!
- Shortness of Breath – The sudden inability to breath correct, and the feeling of shortness of breath by itself or accompanied by pain/discomfort is experienced in certain patients.
- Nausea – Certain people when having a heart attack will also experience extreme nausea and potentially even vomiting, if accompanied by any of the other symptoms, seek emergency care immediately.
- Lightheadedness – If someone is experience dizziness or lightheadedness along with the other mentioned symptoms it could also mean they are experience a heart attack and emergency medical treatment should be sought out.
- Cold Sweats – It may not just be the heat; cold sweats are another common sign of a heart attack. When experienced with the other symptoms of a heart attack, medical attention may be necessary.
Where can I get quick emergency medical care for a heart attack?
Are you or a loved one experience the symptoms of a heart attack? Frontline ER in Richmond can help you immediately. No wait times—just prompt, compassionate and effective emergency care.
- Posted In: